Tuesday, October 16, 2007

We're Here

That last flight was a bit choppy--and the fact that you are over the ocean hold no comfort at all! I kept asking my husband to remind me why we were doing this. I did get to sleep most of the way--but it was a lot shorter flight than my brain thought it would be. Just a little more than the flight we took to Cancun from Salt Lake when I was younger.

We took a taxi from the airport to our hotel so that I could check in and get things settled while he ran and "collected our rental" as the front desk person called it. Very cool! The hotel seems to be really nice--mind you I've seen the lobby, the elevators and our room. Mind you there is WiFi throughout--so I'm sittin' pretty!

This is our hotel, it's The Grand at Trafalgar Square--and I have to tell you--it's like two blocks from Charing Cross station. Yes, I'm a Harry Potter fan--it makes traveling a little more fun! Anyway--I'm going to be on a few more minutes until the car is back--and then we are going to dinner and off to see the city at night! Pictures to come!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am jealous! and you are blogging! My kind of gal.

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! It's amazing to be able to be online anywhere in the world!