Friday, September 28, 2007

I Wanna A Free Raleigh, NC Getaway

My husband has family all over the United States. That makes seeing this wonderful country of ours a little easier than most. We've had the opportunity to spend time in New England, Southern California, Arizona, Washington and Florida. We haven't made it to visit his Aunt in North Carolina, although I found out today that there is a great contest we can register for to win a Free Raleigh Getaway.
That is so exciting--whenever I think of the South I think of the history that comes along with it. The beautiful colonial architecture, the plantations, the hospitality; Everything you can picture when you watch old movies about the South. Mind you, it's definitely a modern city as well--it just happens to be Modern wrapped in History!

The contest prize is amazing! Hotel, tickets to museums and other cultural events like the Mysteries of the Lost Colony, a gift certificate for two for dinner. You name it-everything you need for an amazing Fall Getaway!

I think this sounds perfect! There is so much to see in this beautiful, historic city--I would want to spend more than one night--so maybe we'll use our hotel night (if we win) and then spend the rest of our getaway with his family! Sans kids-what could be more perfect??

0 comments: