Friday, October 5, 2007

A Defining Lawsuit

Did you hear about this woman? Her name is Jammie Thomas and she is a 30 year old single mom. She was ordered to pay six record companies that sued her $9,250 for each of 24 songs they focused on in the case. They had alleged she shared 1,702 songs in all.

She is claiming it wasn't her, and her attorney believes that no one proved that it was actually this woman online sharing these songs. That is a big deal to me--I do have kids, and if it were to come down to something online--would I be charged with things that they do? Of course! I would go to jail if my kids skip school in some states. In others I have to take out an addition $15,000 insurance policy just so my child can get a drivers license. Finally--Parents are being required to "PARENT"! If you don't want the penalty--watch what your kids are doing!

0 comments: