Monday, March 16, 2009

Crazy Kids

Do you have kids that forget everything? I ask everyday before we leave the school--do you have all of your homework? Yes, Mom! Only to come home and find out--we are missing our reading book! Today my son's class has music. They are learning to play the recorder. Last night as I was doing some last minute straightening before bed--I made 2 piles on the couch. 1 for each boy. The pile included, clothes for that day, snack for that day--and homework, books, RECORDER, etc that needed to be put in their backpack before they leave. All of it--right there!! So they are ready to walk out the door, and I ask one last time--do you have everything you need for a Wednesday? Yes, mom--comes the answer. I walk back into the house--across the living room and into the family room. There sitting on the couch is my son's recorder and his snack!

So I ran them to the door-but the car pool lady had already left. So I had to jump in the car and race them to school. I got there shortly after the bell rang--but before the pledge of allegiance. So I waited until the pledge and the announcements were done--and I had him paged to the office. It was only as I was walking out of the school that I realized--I was wearing my slippers!! mmmmm hmmmm, I looked like an out of control mom!!

0 comments: