Friday, August 10, 2007

School Supplies

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for school supplies. We have a couple of weeks until school starts but at Walmart--boxes of crayons that go for $2.50 normally were 20 cents each! I bought 5 and will probably go back for more! Filler paper was also 5 for $1.00. I couldn't believe it! I got a ton of supplies that we won't need--but I couldn't resist the price!

Then we met my sister and her kids and spent the evening swimming. It was warm and cool--and very refreshing. An ice cream cone on the way home topped off a really good day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, school shopping, I remember all of it. My son is grown now and touring with the Navy. But those days were hectic.

Good luck, stay organized, be happy and cherish the kiddos:)

Anonymous said...

Yup....it's that time a year again! School supplies -- I dread shopping for school supplies every summer. haha!

Anonymous said...

Families have to spend a lot of money in school supplies every year. It should be a way to reuse all this material for the next year.

Anonymous said...

"It's the most wonderful time of the year" Ahh, yes, it can be expensive, but that old commercial makes me laugh every time. I know my parents welcomed the fall schedule.