Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Summer Camp!!

I can't believe there is only 1 month left in the school year! I think I've said that before--but honestly--I have but 4 weeks before the Roller Coaster Summer begins! Yes, it is for this that my blog theme was created! Life at home 24/7 with energetic kids--OH MY GOODNESS!! My life is crazy now with 2 home most of the day-I can't imagine all of them. Summer Camp here we come!!

Kate is old enough for all day summer camp this year--It does scare me a little with her because they walk to the neighborhood pool--and she is still so little and doesn't know how to swim. Daniel was this age when he started summer camp--so I'm sure she'll be fine-but oh it makes me sad that she's big enough to go off with her brothers. It will kill Brett to be left home all alone with boring old mom!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, the days of summer camp. I know it's not totally related, but I still remember when I first took that daring, scary trip to summer camp. First one was dreadful, but the years following were great.

Good memories came out of that, and I'm sure it will do the same for your kids, don't worry, they'll be fine!!!

Take care:)

Anonymous said...

When I was little my parents let me go to summer camp one year. It was the year before my parents got stationed overseas but it was one of the most memorable experiences I've had.

I was so scared to go but my parents knew it would be good for me. I met a lot of great people and learned about about being independent. Not like being an adult, but what it was like to be in a situation where mom and dad weren't there to run to my side. It made me think a lot.

I never told my parents one thing that made me feel real good. They would send me letters every two or three days. It was nice to get a little news from home to let me know my parents hadn't just left me but they were excited to hear about all the things we were doing in summer camp.

Summer camp will be fun for her. But, it's still your job to worry. :p