Monday, December 14, 2009

Traveling Alone

I have a new friend. I call her new not because we have only been friends a short time, but because, although we are friendly...I don't really know all that much about her. She lives in my area. Has been married for 20 years and has 4 kids (3 adopted and 1 bio). In getting to know her a little better these past few months I found out that she takes a 1 week vacation once a year, all by herself. No kids. No husband! Now---I'm all for getting away--but I really don't want to go alone. I don't know if she goes with friends or girlfriends, but it sounded as if she took off for a week in one of those disney world hotels all by herself! Not only do I not want to travel alone, but I really wouldn't want to do Disney World without my kids!

Her oldest son was at church today swinging around a HUGE pencil. It was his gift from his mom's trip to Disney. I'm sure it was lacking in his mind! Kind of like a t-shirt that said, "My mom went alone to Disney World, and all I got was this dinky t-shirt"! Yeah....just like that!

0 comments: